Last Revised: January 16, 2019
Welcome to Mitera!
All capitalized terms seen below shall have the meaning as given in this section:
PERSONAL DATA – means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual such as name, address, phone number etc. to the extent that such information is protected as personal data under Applicable Data Protection Law.
ANONYMOUS INFORMATION- means information that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information.
DATA CONTROLLER: means the entity which determines the purposes and means of the Processing of Personal Data.
DATA PROCESSOR: means the entity which Processes Personal Data on behalf of the Data Controller.
DATA SUBJECT: means an identified or identifiable individual, who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an ID number, location data, an online ID or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
PERSONAL DATA: means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual, to the extent that such information is protected as personal data under Applicable Data Protection Law.
PROCESS OR PROCESSING: means any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Lawful basis of processing your data
We process your data on the basis of Article 6(a) of the GDPR, which states:
“(a) the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes;”
If we use personal information for a purpose, which by provisions of law requires your consent, we will always ask for your explicit agreement and record your consent.
Information We Collect
Our primary goal is collecting information to provide and improve our Services, to administer your use of the Services (including your Account, if you are an Account holder), and to enable you to enjoy and easily navigate our Services.
We collect two categories of data:
- Non-identifying information- this information is collected as you navigate our website, through cookies and other similar technologies. Such information includes the date and duration of your visit etc.
- Identifying information- this type of information is collected when you interact with our services, such as when you create an account, make a purchase etc. Such information includes name, e-mail address etc.
We collect information in these three forms:
- Information you have provided us with: are data you have willingly given to us, such as; your username, password and email address when you register for an account.
- Information automatically collected about you, this includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools and
- Information collected from our partners: we gather information from our trusted partners with confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This information is non-personal aggregated data which cannot be used to identify you. This is aggregated data which is used for statistical purposes to improve our services. This is information that you have provided willingly.
(a) Information you have provided us with
- We may collect Personal Information that can be used to identify you, such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, telephone number, company name and password when you create an account to log in to our Site (“Account”). If you create an Account using your login credentials from one of your third-party services accounts such as Facebook or Google (each an “Third-Party Account”), we will be able to access and collect your name and email address and other Personal Information that your privacy settings on the Third-Party Account permit to access. If you create an Account through the Site or one of your Social Networking Services (“SNS”) Accounts, we may also collect your gender or date of birth.
- When you sign up for an Account services on our Site, we or our third party payment provider will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, billing information and shipping information.
- When you post content (text, images, photographs, videos, messages, comments or any other kind of content that is not your e-mail address) on our Services, the information contained in your posting will be stored in our servers and other users of the Services will be able to see it, along with any other information that you choose to make public. If you choose to submit content to any public area of the Site, such content will be considered “public” and will not be subject to the privacy protections set forth herein.
- We retain information on your behalf, such as your Wish List and other files and messages that you store using your Account.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply.
- If you use our Services on your mobile device, we may collect your phone number and the unique device id number.
- If you tell us where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send us your location), we may store and use that information to provide you with location-based information and advertising. If you want to deactivate this feature, you can deactivate GPS on your mobile device.
- When connecting to our Services via a service provider that uniquely identifies your mobile device, we may receive this identification and use it to offer extended services and/or functionality.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information. All information collected from your participation in our surveys is provided by you voluntarily. We use the information gathered to improve our products, Sites and/or services and in any manner consistent with the policies provided herein.
- If you participate in a sweepstakes, contest or giveaway on our Site, we may ask you for your e-mail address and/or home number (to notify you if you win or not). We may also ask for first and last names, and sometimes post office addresses to verify your identity. In some situations we may need additional information as a part of the entry process, such as a prize selection choice. These sweepstakes and contests are voluntary. We recommend that you read the rules for each sweepstakes and contest that you enter. All sweepstakes, contests or giveaway entry forms will provide a way for participants to opt-out of any communications that are not related to awarding prizes.
- We may also collect Personal Information at other points in our Site that state that Personal Information is being collected.
- You agree that we are free to use the content of any communications submitted by you via the Services, including any ideas, inventions, concepts, techniques, or know-how disclosed therein, for any purpose including developing, manufacturing, and/or marketing goods or Services. We will not release your name or otherwise publicize the fact that you submitted materials or other information to us unless: (a) you grant us permission to do so; (b) we first send notice to you that the materials or other information you submit to a particular part of a Service will be published or otherwise used with your name on it; or (c) we are required to do so by law.
(b) Information automatically collected about you
- Log Files. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), operating systems, date/time stamp and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the Site, track Users’ movements around the Site, gather demographic information about our User base, and better tailor our Services to our Users’ needs. This data is evaluated anonymously for statistical purposes in order to optimize our services. This data is not used to identify you.
- Pixel Tags. We use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear gifs, web beacons, or web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies that are used to track online movements of users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send email messages in a format users can read and they tell us whether emails have been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user.
- Analytics. We use Google Analytics, a service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”), to gather information about how users engage with our Services. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Flash LSOs. When we post videos, third parties may use local shared objects, known as “Flash Cookies,” to store your preferences for volume control or to personalize certain video features. Flash Cookies are different from browser Cookies because of the amount and type of data and how the data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash Cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash Cookies, click here:
(c) Information collected from our partners
- We may receive Personal and/or Anonymous Information about you from third party individuals or companies that promote or link to our Site, including as part of our affiliate program (using tools including but not limited to an app ‘Affiliately’, or third party companies that provide services, including services related to marketing and social media, to Mitera. These third party companies may supply us with Personal Information. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Site in order to improve the Services we provide.
Tools used to process your data
In order for us to offer you the best services possible, we use online tools. These tools might change from time to time when newer and better tools are found. Here is a list of the main tools we use:
Facebook is an online social media and social networking service company. We sometimes use Facebook to deliver advertisements of our products to our visitor, we do this by sharing pictures and or videos of our products on this website. We do not collect personal data of our visitors on Facebook except the data they willingly offer to us, such as liking or sharing our posts.
Instagram is a photo and video-sharing social networking service. We sometimes use Instagram to deliver advertisements of our products to our visitor, we do this by sharing pictures and or videos of our products on Instagram. We do not collect personal data of our visitors on Instagram except the data they willingly offer to us, such as liking or sharing our posts.
Pinterest is a web and mobile application company that operates a software system designed to discover information on the World Wide Web, mainly using images and sometimes also GIFs and videos. We sometimes use Pinterest to deliver advertisements of our products to our visitor, we do this by sharing pictures and or videos of our products on this website.
Klaivyo is an email marketing platform. We use Klaviyo to help us improve our e-mail services, by analyzing our user’s online behavior so that we can offer personalized services thus improving your user experience.
Shopify is an e-commerce company. We use Shopify to sell our products online, to do this we collect data from our users to complete their purchase.
Affiliate is a Tracking Software which is used to track the referral, endorsement or recommendation made by one person or company to buy products or services from another person or company. Affiliatly is already integrated with your Shopify's store account (this was done during the installation of the app).
Referred visitors and orders made by those visitors are tracked. Affiliatly saves your IP address when you visit our store and stores a cookie (name: "easy_affiliate") with your IP address (and also user ID in Affiliatly, referring affiliate ID, duration and expiry time of the cookie) on your (the visitor) device.
Recart is a marketing tool, which we use to improve our marketing services, to offer you a better buying experience. Recart suggests you item you might like based on your shop history, it also reminds you about your shipment.
Recart automatically collects information when you visit the our site including your device’s IP address and statistics about how you use our site.
The above stated list of online tools we use will occasionally be subject to change, as new and better tools come to light we might opt to replace our current one. If that should happen we will include them to our current list, and remove the ones which no longer will be used. If you have any questions regarding the tools we use and how e use them you can contact us.
Use of Your Personal Information
- General Use. In general, Personal Information you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Information in the following ways:
- deliver any products you order on our Site;
- facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our Site;
- identify you as a User in our system;
- provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
- provide the Services you request;
- respond to questions, comments and other requests;
- provide access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Services;
- measure your interest in our products and Services;
- develop new products and Services;
- process your orders and process payment for products and services purchased;
- process applications and transactions;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- enforce our terms
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
- send you a welcome email to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- send you administrative email notifications, such as shipment notifications or security or support and maintenance advisories;
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests, comments and questions and provide customer service;
- make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection, to solicit your feedback, delivery scheduling issues or other time-sensitive matters; and
- send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Mitera We may provide you with these materials by phone, postal mail, facsimile, social media communication functions, or email, as permitted by applicable law. Such uses include: to tailor content, advertisements, and offers; to notify you about offers, products, and services that may be of interest to you; to provide Services to you and our sponsors; for other purposes disclosed at the time that Individuals provide Personal Information; or otherwise with your consent.
- User Testimonials and Feedback. We often receive testimonials and comments from Users who have had positive experiences with our Services. We may occasionally publish such content. When we publish this content, we may identify our Users by their first and last name and may also indicate their home city. We obtain the User’s consent prior to posting his or her name along with the testimonial. We may post user feedback on the Site from time to time. We will share your feedback with your first name and last initial only. If we choose to post your first and last name along with your feedback, we will obtain your consent prior to posting you name with your feedback.
- Creation of Anonymous Information. We may create Anonymous Information records from Personal Information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the information personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Information to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Information and aggregated and other de-identified information for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Information to third parties in our sole discretion.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
- Third Parties Designated by You. When you use the Services, the Personal Information you provide will be shared with the third parties that you designate to receive such information, including your friends and relatives to whom you send Wish-list hints using the Site.
- Users. We will share your Personal data with other Users solely for the purpose of providing the Services. We will only share the wish-list you create with other users you willingly have decided to share it with, such as family members or friends. We will not share your personal data with other users.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to MM.
Third Party Websites
Onward Transfer – Mitera May Disclose Your Information.
(a) Services Providers. We may engage third-party services providers to work with us to administer and provide the Services. Some of examples of these third-party’s services are payment processing, shipping, and handling returns. These third-party services providers have access to your Personal Information only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf and are expressly obligated not to disclose or use your Personal Information for any other purpose. When you make a payment, the third-party payment processor (e.g., Braintree, Stripe, or PayPal) receives your full payment information and we receive only a funding confirmation.
(b) Business Partners. We may share Personal Information with our business partners, and affiliates for our and our affiliates’ internal business purposes or to provide you with a product or service that you have requested. We may also provide Personal Information to business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you. In such cases, our business partner’s name will appear, along with us. We require our affiliates and business partners to agree in writing to maintain the confidentiality and security of Personal Information they maintain on our behalf and not to use it for any purpose other than the purpose for which we provided them.
(c) Displaying to Other Users. The content you post to the Site may be displayed on the Site. Other users of the Site may be able to see some information about you, such as your name if you submit a review. We are not responsible for privacy practices of the other users who will view and use the posted information.
(d) Marketing – Interest-Based Advertising and Third-Party Marketing. Through our Services, We may allow Third-Party advertising partners to set tracking tools (e.g., cookies) to collect information regarding your activities (e.g., your IP address, page(s) visited, time of day). We may also share such de-identified information as well as selected Personal Information (such as demographic information and past purchase history) we have collected with Third-Party advertising partners. These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other websites) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit non-Mitera related websites within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “online behavioral advertising”. We may allow access to other data collected by the Site to facilitate transmittal of information that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you. If you prefer that we do not share your Personal Information with Third-Party advertising partners, you may opt out of such sharing at no cost by following the instructions in Section 10 below.
(e) Disclosures to Protect Us or Others (e.g., as Required by Law and Similar Disclosures). We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information, other Account information, and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) respond to your requests; (iii) protect yours’, ours’ or others’ rights, property, or safety; (iv) to enforce our policies or contracts; (v) to collect amounts owed to us; (vi) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (vii) if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable.
(g) Law enforcement. In addition, from time to time, server logs may be reviewed for security purposes – e.g., to detect unauthorized activity on the Services. In such cases, server log data containing IP addresses may be shared with law enforcement bodies in order that they may identify users in connection with their investigation of the unauthorized activities.
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. All Personal Information collected via or by us may be stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, the United States, the European Union, in the cloud, on our servers, on the servers of our affiliates or the servers of our service providers. Your Personal Information may be accessible to law enforcement or other authorities pursuant to a lawful request. By providing information to us, you consent to the storage of your Personal Information in these locations.
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your Personal Data or whom we have contractually obliged to guarantee that they will provide high data protection safeguards.
Your Rights as a Data Subject
As a data subject you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed;
- The right of access;
- The right to rectification;
- The right to erasure;
- The right to restrict processing;
- The right to data portability;
- The right to object; and
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
For more information regarding your rights or if you want to exercise them, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Choices Regarding Information and OPT-OUT (Right to Restrict Processing)
We offer you choices regarding the collection, use and sharing of your Personal Information, and we’ll respect the choices you make. Please note that if you decide not to provide us with the Personal Information that we request, you may not be able to access all of the features of the Services. You have the right to opt out of certain uses and disclosures of your Personal Information. Where you have consented to our Processing of your Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information, you may withdraw that consent at any time and opt out of further Processing by contacting email@example.com. Even if you opt-out, we may still collect and use non-identifying information regarding your activities on our Sites and/or information from the advertisements on Third-Party websites for non-interest based advertising purposes, such as to determine the effectiveness of the advertisements. You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Service:
- b) Mobile Devices. We may occasionally send you push notifications through our mobile applications with notices that may be of interest to you. You may at any time opt-out from receiving these types of communications by changing the settings on your mobile device. We may also collect location-based information if you use our mobile applications. You may opt-out of this collection by changing the settings on your mobile device.
- c) “Do Not Track”. Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
- d) Cookies and Internet-based Advertising. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below. The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from our data partners and our other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these, and also learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy, at
www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, or http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/
- e) Changing or Deleting Your Personal Information. All users may delete their user account or delete credit card information from their account by contacting us. All other Personal information, may be reviewed, updated or deleted by contacting us or editing their Account information via the Services. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
- f) Security of Credit Card and Bank Account Information. For online payments and/or Automated Clearing House (ACH) payouts, we may use the payment services of Stripe, (https://www.stripe.com). For certain transactions, we do not process, record or maintain your credit card or bank account information. For more information on how payments are handled, or to understand the data security and privacy afforded such information, please refer to Stripe’s terms at https://stripe.com/us/privacy/
A Note about Children
We do not intentionally gather Personal Information from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits Personal Information to Mitera and we learn that the Personal Information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Information from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions and Feedback